Eye Medicine and Surgery
MD. Diana Elisabet Schuarzberg Menis, (Buenos Aires, 1958,) Ophthalmologist. Hundreds of patients treated in the Canaries guarantee her long history as an eye surgeon in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria since 1988. Specialized in Paediatric Ophthalmology, Strabismus Surgery and Refractive Surgery, she had set up the Eye Medicine and Surgery Enterprise: Eurocanarias Oftalmológica, running it until 2007. At 1992 she founded an entity dedicated to Refractive Surgery at Oftalmología Laser San Roque, and she ran it until 2003. It was one of the pioneer services of correction of myopia, hyperopia and astigmatism with an Excimer laser in the Canaries. Moreover, she was the Eye Unit Chief at Clínica San Roque in Las Palmas de Gran Canarias between 2000 and 2007. Nowadays, she manages Centro Menis de Especialidades Médicas in Telde's city.
- Canary Ophthalmologic Society member
- Spanish Ophthalmologic Society member (SEO)
- Spanish Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (SECOIR) member
- Spanish Strabismus Association member
Specialized Eye care services
- Eye Medicine and Surgery
- Paediatric Ophthalmology
- Halt and Treatment of Child Eye Problems
- Strabismus Surgery in children and adults
- Pterygium and Chalazion Surgery
- Low Vision Aids
- Refractive Surgery: Myopia, Hyperopia and Astigmatism
- Centre Associated with Eurocanarias Oftalmológica.
Almost a decade ago, MD. Carlos Valenciadecided to specialize in Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery. What does it mean for his patients? Smaller incisions, less soft-tissue injuries and less recovery time. His specialization through updating his knowledge in international congresses and courses carried out mainly in USA and Europe, makes him not only pioneer and benchmark in this kind of surgery in the Canaries but in all of Spain.
Having a Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery, he specialises in Neurosurgery and has worked at the Hospital Clínico de Madrid, Hospital Ruber de Madrid, Ruber Internacional Hospital in Madrid (Stereotaxic Radiosurgery and Surgery,) at Hospital Universitario Insular of Gran Canaria and at the Clínica Perpetuo Socorro (Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery.)
Specialized Neurosurgery services
10 Reasons to have Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Reduced Length of Hospital Stay
- Return earlier to your daily activities and work
- Better postoperative recovery
- Fast standing and walking
- No blood transfusions
- Less doses of Pain medication
- Decreased Muscular trauma
- Preservation of muscle function
- Less postoperative instability due to muscular damage
- Minimum aesthetic impact.
MD. Gustavo Muratore Moreno, expert in Orthopaedic Surgery at Hospital Universitario Insular of Gran Canaria, is specialised in Upper Limb Pathology: Shoulder, Elbow, Wrist and Hand as well as peripheral nerves surgery, arthroscopy surgery and microsurgery. His specific training in the Hand and Upper Limb Surgery subspecialty together with being a renowned specialist allows him to facilitate to his patients a specific treatment using the most innovative surgical techniques in this field.
MD. Muratore is a Specialist Physician at Hospital-Materno Infantil (Maternal Infant Hospital,) member of the Spanish Orthopaedic Society (SECOT) as well as the Spanish Society for Surgery of the Hand (SECMA.) His works are always subject of talks in conferences on this field. He is the author of several scientific publications which have been mentioned in specialised magazines in Orthopaedic Surgery.
Specialized Traumatology services
- Arthroscopic Surgery of the Shoulder, Elbow and Wrist
- Hand and Wrist Surgery
- Treatment of Fractures and their complications
Specialist Physician in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
MD. Martín del Rosario specialises in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. This specialty combines the knowledge of multiple specialities (traumatology, neurology, geriatrics, bodily injury evaluation, etc.) All of them for the comprehensive attention to the disabled patient.
MD. Martín del Rosario makes his activity in public healthcare as a Specialist Physician in the Rehabilitation Department at Hospital Universitario Insular of Gran Canaria. He is also part of the Hand and Upper Limb Pathology Department at Hospital Insular Materno Infantil de Gran Canaria (Maternal Infant Hospital.)
His main areas of work are Spine Pathologies in adults and infants (especially scoliosis and chest deformity,) operated and non-operated, and the upper limb pathologies subsidiaries of rehabilitation treatment and those which need post-surgery recovery treatment.
Other areas of work are:
- Design Exercise Programs at home and for sports in case of osteoarticular injuries.
- He is an expert in employment disability evaluation and Harm injuries.
- MD. Martín has experience with the approach to disabled elderly because of his years of work with dependent elderly.
Besides the task as rehabilitator doctor, he makes specific respiratory assessment of lymphedemas and pelvic floor rehabilitation, and Bone density scan prescription-interpretation.
MD. Martín del Rosario is a member of:
- Spanish Society of Rehabilitation and Physical Medicine (SERMEF)
- Spanish Society of Child Rehabilitation (Sociedad Española de Rehabilitación Infantil, SERI)
- Spanish Society of Cardiac Arrest Rehabilitation (Sociedad Española de Rehabilitación Cardiorrespiratoria, SORECAR)
- Spanish Society of Orthopaedic medicine and Manual therapy (Sociedad Española de Medicina Ortopédica y Manual, SEMOOYM)
- Spanish Association of Professionals in Autism (Asociación Española de Profesionales del Autismo, AETAPI)
- Canarian Society of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine (Sociedad Canaria de Rehabilitación, SOCARMEF)
- Canary Musculoskeletal Forum (Foro Canario del Aparato Locomotor)
- Co-founder of Canary Society for Medical Assistance at work.
Specialized Rehabilitation services
- Upper Limb Pathologies subsidiaries of rehabilitation treatment and those which need post-surgery recovery treatment.
- Spine Pathology in infants (especially scoliosis and thoracic chest deformity) and adults, operated and non-operated.
- Sportsperson rehabilitation. Design Exercise Programs in home and for sports in the case of osteoarticular injuries.
- Employment disability evaluation and Harm injuries. After-effect diagnosis.
- Deal with disabled elderly.
El MD. Rene De Lamar del Risco (Havana, 1956) MGeriatrics and Gerontology Specialist. He accumulates a renowned prestige in the Canary society after 20 years working in this field in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria. He has managed the Geriatrics Service at Clínica San Roque and the Medical Directorate at Queen Victoria Hospital. Medical consultant of the Canarias7 Newspaper, nowadays he manages the Geriatrics Service at Clínica San Roque of this town.
Specialized Geriatrics services
- Alzheimer and neurodegenerative diseases
- Seniors Diagnosis and Comprehensive Treatment
Ms. Ana Isabel Hernández, Social Work degree from Universidad de la Laguna (1988,) Systemic Family Therapist, Kine Centre, Spanish Federation of Family Therapy, Barcelona 1997. Gestalt Therapist, Canary Islands School Gestalt Psychotherapy, Spanish Association for Gestalt Therapy. She has an extensive professional experience in this field of more than twenty years. She has combined her work as social worker with disabled, and family therapy. This therapeutic discipline tackles the couple and family intervention taking part in the problem-solving conflicts that affect the essential relationships of an individual.
Couple's problems, dealing with grief, life changes and all kinds of family problems are the most common treatments. Due to her studies in the systemic and gestalt fields, the therapist suggests a holistic treatment of problems, covering all personal, familiar and social aspects that take part. She offers to the patient/client the possibility to “realise” the severity of its situation, widening its perception and discovering the whole range of possibilities and resources to overcome these crises in a positive way. A Brief Therapy is her line of work.
Specialized Family Therapy services
- Personal blockages facing several situations
- Couple Therapy
- Dealing with Health Conditions
- Children's Issues
- Intergenerational difficulties/conflicts
- Changes in the Work environment